Thursday, December 14, 2017

Tea for Two!


Hi everyone!  I'm here with a tea project for the Coffee (and Tea!) Lovers' Blog Hop and Stamp Simply!  
I *LOVE* coffee but {gasp!} switched to tea several years ago when I went dairy and sugar free.  Yes, it was h.a.r.d. to do!  Now I will indulge in a sweet, (coconut or almond) creamy cup of coffee several times a year, but my daily go-to is Numi green jasmine tea. The loose pearls are my preference, but for today's project I am using tea bags.


Years ago when I first started stamping, these "explosion boxes" were all the rage.  This one is modified to hold two tea bags.  It started with a 9 x 9 inch square of white cardstock, scored tic-tac-toe style at 3 and 6 inches, then trimmed to create the box sides and flaps to hold the tea bags.  



I kept the design of the top simple, and couldn't resist paying winter homage to my love of coffee with a snowman made from three Kaisercraft Latte pearls.


It was fun to play with patterned papers and Stamp Simply's new Coffee or Tea stamp and die set to design a pretty tea cup.  As much as I love (and miss!) coffee, I was really happy to see that this set has tea dies and sentiments, too!  That little "enjoy" sentiment fits just perfectly on the tea bag tag.    


The timing for this release and the hop fit perfectly together too!  Here is our special just for this event!  


Here are the supplies that I used for my project:
Stay warm!  Happy holidays!  I hope you'll come back soon for another visit!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome explosion box and I love that it can contain two tea bags too. Wonderful work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can it be that these explosion boxes were popular SO LONG AGO? wasn't it just yesterday? I absolutely love how yours turned out. I like how you made it to hold the tea bags. Love the paper you used on your cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful tea box. love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't made boxes for years, but you are a motivation for me to give it a go once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, how pretty is this?! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty box, love the beautiful cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! Need that cup die set! Love this ... what a fantastic project and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete