Thursday, March 1, 2018

To Everything There is a Season...


Hi everyone!  Happy Thursday and Hello, March!  I can hardly believe how fast the year is flying!  We have had some really warm weather here in Florida during the last several weeks, enough that my azaleas are blooming!  Please don't think I am complaining!  I love Spring and don't do so well with grey and dreary.  Hopefully this bright, cheerful card will boost your mood if grey and dreary is what's currently outside your window.  


I had a lot of fun playing with watercolor paper, ink, Copic markers and Spellbinders dies to make this little floral spray that complements Wild Rose's gorgeous designer paper.  (That paper is so pretty that I had a hard time covering any of it up and kinda crunched my elements down into the corner.)  It just so happened--gotta love Serendipity!--that I had a scrap of Kaisercraft's Limelight on my desk, and it was the perfect green for some foliage to harmonize with the background.  



I have always loved this passage from Ecclesiastes and every time I see it the song by The Byrds starts playing in my head.  It is a spirit lifter for me, and lately I've needed my spirits lifted.  The last month or so has been rough.  I spent two weeks helping to care for my lifelong best friend as she lived her last days and lost her battle with breast cancer.  I'm so grateful that we had that time together. I didn't think we could become any closer, but we did.  Such grace, and so much love!  I'm really missing her now, and so I'm grateful for some happy colors and encouraging verses that remind me to always look up and have Hope (which was her name)!  

Here are the supplies I used for today's project, all from Stamp Simply:

No comments:

Post a Comment