Wednesday, April 25, 2018

All Occasion Sentiments and Patriotic Blog Hop - Stamp Simply Clear Stamps




Welcome to today's Blog Hop. This week we are showcasing three sets from our NEW April Release. Last week we concentrated on graduation and other congratulatory events using two of our new sets. This week we will concentrate on the remaining three sets - All Occasion Sentiments SET 1 and SET 2 and Patriotic Sentiments. Combine these sentiments with images, sentiments or Scripture from our other sets and your options are limitless! Hop along with us. The link list is a bit further down.

I love playing with distress oxides, so I pulled out a masculine paper pad, some harmonizing colors and a get well sentiment from one of our new stamp sets,  All Occasion Sentiments SET 1, to make this masculine card.  It's fun to see how the colors play together in different combinations and on different kinds of paper and I love this layout with the designer paper peeking through from underneath.  

I wanted this background to have a rugged, outdoorsy feel to go along with the designer print so I used earthy tones and then faintly went over them through a woodgrain stencil with a damp blending tool. Hard to catch on camera but IRL you can see the subtle effect.  

The sentiment is stamped on one of the punch-out dies that is part of the paper pad.  I liked the way it looked and fit on top of a retired Spellbinders label die, with enamel accents clustered around it.  


Ha, you KNOW when a fella doesn't even feel up to hunting or fishing, he must *really* be sick!  Better send him a card, quick!  ;)

Here are the supplies I used on today's project:
Be sure to make your way through the rest of the hop to see what lovelies my design team mates have created using our new sets.  And come back to my blog tomorrow because I will have another card using them then as well.

6 comments:

  1. Love the muted colors and fab design, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT masculine card or for anyone who loves to be or see outdoors. (Often too hot to go out here.) I can not for the life of me figure out how you actually made this card! I understand the coloring instructions, and how you made the wonderful sentiment look so eye-catching. I would love to know how to construct this card. It is going to drive me bonkersuntil I can do it! Thanks for sharing the great card and the puzzle!

    He-IS-ABLE!
    Traci Starkweather
    Tracistarkweather@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Traci! Thank you!

      Construction is easy! I cut a standard sized card, scored the fold at the usual half-way point, then just eyeballed the angle to slice the front with my paper cutter, and then again eye-balled another angle on the remaining piece to slice away so that what would have been the middle is missing. Then I used a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of card stock (with the designer paper glued to it) to mount the original pieces to. I cut and glued some skinny strips of card stock to accentuate the edges, and used dimensional adhesive except for at the very top where the card hinges because there it needs to be flat for the card to close.

      Hope that makes sense!

      Delete